Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Believe in Angels


I love angels! I love pictures of  angels, I love statues of angels, ornaments--you name it! I love my three angels pictured above, (please disregard the dust--they have been sitting on my back porch) that were given to me on Mother's Day by my three daughters several years ago.





I also happen to believe in Angels! I believe there are angels watching over us, my loved ones and I all the time. There have also been people and animals in my life that I believe were sent here, only temporarily, to do "angel work".

Though I would not call myself religious, nor do I attend church on a regular basis, I do consider myself deeply spiritual and that spirituality seems to be evolving. Having said that, some of you may wonder how I could be one without the other.....Here is what I believe....

I believe in God. I believe in Christ. I believe we all have a life purpose and I struggle continuously trying to determine the exact purpose intended for my life. I believe that we are judged on how we live our lives, our service to others, and the genuineness of our thoughts and the love in our hearts. I believe in the power of prayer....I never, never underestimate the power of prayer.

As a result of my need to understand my own spirituality, I have read many books on the subject. My book case is full of such books. By coincidence (?) I met a woman, Irene, on Facebook.  One morning I found a friend request from her and I realized she was actually a Facebook friend of a woman, Patricia, that I went to high school with. I figured that any friend of Patricia's was a friend of mine. Irene was actually looking for another friend of Patricia's whose name also happened to be Linda... Was this a coincidence? Did it happen for a reason? Divine intervention? My husband always tells me that "The universe is unfolding as it should." I think so too.

Anyways, I wrote back to Irene and told her it was a case of mistaken identity but I would be more than happy to be her friend. I went to her Facebook page and was intrigued by what I saw. I read that she was  the owner and founder of Awakening to Angels. Right then and there I knew I had to look further into what this most interesting woman was up to.

Her Facebook page Awakening to Angels was full of wonderful spiritual quotes and I found myself drawn to her page on a daily basis. Our mutual friend Patricia, was in the process of fulfilling a dream which was to open a spiritual retreat center on a family property in NH. Her dream became reality, and she opened Soul Sanctuary Retreat. Her first event was a book signing-- Miracle from the Heart, written by our mutual Facebook friend Irene, and I was invited to attend.

It was a wonderful, amazing experience! I reconnected with Patricia as I have not seen her since high school and we graduated  in 1977.  Her vision to transform her most beautiful, serene, country property into a retreat center was crystal clear even to me. Once through the door, I felt instantly welcomed and at peace.


Reunited with Patricia--a silly moment!



Finally meeting my friend Irene Sonja Fanane, (AuthorAngel Therapy Practitioner and Counselor) and getting my hands on her book, Miracle from the Heart.

The evening began with appetizers, wine, ice tea and for several minutes we visited and chatted amongst ourselves. Patricia introduced herself and spoke briefly about her vision with Soul Sanctuary Retreat and then she introduced Irene who spoke of  past experiences in her life that ultimately led her to write this account of her own spiritual journey. Her story is extremely inspiring.

There were lovely, white gift bags lined with gold tissue on the dining room table for everyone. Inside were journals (mine had PASSION written on the cover), chocolate treats, business cards for both of these amazing women and a penny.....Additionally, the other Linda (the person indirectly responsible for Irene's Facebook friend request to me), made beautiful bookmarks from a feather and beads.

At the conclusion of the evening, each person attending the book signing received a personal reading and my message remains very close to my heart. It referenced a particular heartbreaking experience I was dealing with, and my message gave me such peace during the actual experience and strength in dealing with the aftermath. I believe it was the peace I felt from the message that actually contributed to the strength that I needed to get through the situation.

Irene wrote a personal message while signing my copy of her book. We chatted for a bit and Patricia took the photo shown above of Irene and I.

I got home at 11:00 pm and began reading the book. I couldn't put it down. The following evening, I completed the book and realized much of what I had read was what I have believed all along. Her message of ONENESS resonates deeply with me--that we are all one, sharing one planet. I don't want to give too much away. I urge you to get your hands on a copy of this book and read this woman's amazing "Journey of Spiritual Awakening."

It is available at Amazon.com.

"The human being is a part of the whole, called by us, Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few  persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty."
Albert Einstein

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,

    Your angels are beautiful!

    I also believe things happen for a reason.

    If you think good thoughts good will come and so on :)

    Hugs,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete