Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tote Bags With Multiple Personalities


The large floral print was not a favorite fat quarter in my stash, but now that I have seen it made up in this bag--I love it!
There are two pockets on the front, the back is completely floral print. I used the green contrasting print on the outside of the strap. I tried the straps both ways but I liked the green print better--that is the fun in making these. There are no rules--I make the rules up as I go along!

I was thinking of including a little tab closure on this bag with a funky button but realized my stash of buttons is getting low and I wanted to get this bag done. I will save that idea for the next bag......


Bag front view



Bag back view



Bag stands up nicely even when empty.


Inside lining


Same pattern--3 completely different "personalities"!


I want to experiment with tab closures, zippers, zippered pockets, beads, beaded fringe and buttons. There are so many neat novelty trims and buttons available. Looking forward to making the next tote bag as well as some larger totes. In the meantime I will continue to work on my quilt--I have (10) 10" squares completed already. Stay tuned.........

"I definitely want to go out there and experience different personalities and different people."
Katherine Heigl

No comments:

Post a Comment