Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Quilt I have Pledged to Make



No, I did not make this quilt! Joanne, the receptionist who works where I had been going to physical therapy for many years, made this quilt. She is an amazing quilter! Every few weeks she would hang a new quilt on the wall of the reception area. There was also a beauty of a quilt hanging in the back office! Who wouldn't feel relaxed after leaving this place! Lavender hand soap  and all!!! I ended up buying the quilt as well as the hand soap that they have in the restroom.....


I have pulled together some fabric pieces that I think may combine nicely to make my first quilt. While I pledged to make my first quilt on an earlier post, I did not pledge to make a large quilt--just something larger in proportion to a potholder....It will, however, have to be large enough to call a quilt!


So here is my start. I will post occasional updates but I am not going to try to do a quilting tutorial until I have
a few quilting projects under my belt. There are plenty of wonderful quilting blogs out there in BLOGLAND so I will respectfully defer to them. WISH ME LUCK! 



"Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new." Brian Tracy

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors you have chosen for your first quilt. I always gravitate to this palette for some reason. Do you know what pattern you will be using yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,I have no clue what pattern I am using, I will sit down tonight and go through my quilting magazines and choose something easy.

      I gravitate to these colors too...I love autumn and Christmas colors, so with this palette, it's always my favorite season and my favorite holiday! Thanks for stopping by, I will keep you posted on my progress....

      Delete