Saturday, July 7, 2012

Old Table Needs Refinishing

I have a table that belonged to my grandmother, and I would really like to refinish it. Trouble is, I know next to nothing about working with wood, stripping, repainting, etc. There is also a drawer missing and I don't know if one can be constructed to replace it or not. As a little girl, I remember the drawer had a crystal knob on the front.





Closeup--where drawer should be



I did begin to sand it but it was very difficult. There appears to be a dark wood or finish under the rust colored paint. I guess that I will have to visit some blogs to see what ideas I can find. If a drawer cannot be built to fit, I suppose I could use a fabric skirt around the bottom, just under the table top. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I won't be tackling this project until fall.


 This is what appeared after trying to sand it.



"Grandmothers are just antique little girls."
Author unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment