Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!



Yup, it's the small things--Life is Good!


Well, we did not get the thunderstorm I was hoping for yesterday,  but the humidity has lifted and it is a cool 55 degrees outside. I was up early and sat by an open, sunny window with my first cup of coffee (it's actually a 2 cup mug!) and felt energized. Even Willie, my dog, has a bounce in his step this morning and he could not wait to go outside and sleep in the cool grass! Such contentment!

I hope to get much accomplished today. Yesterday, I tore my hutch apart in the dining room so that my husband could repair the shelves. A couple of years ago, while we were eating dinner, the top shelf collapsed in my hutch, the doors came flying open and some of my favorite dishes were smashed to bits. With the shelves not working properly since, I decided yesterday (for some reason) I needed the storage space and tore into it! My husband added some wooden supports beneath the shelves and once again, I have usable, storage space--something this small house seriously lacks!

So today, I will finish cleaning the dining room and hopefully move on to a project or two; maybe I will even complete a few blocks for my quilt! At any rate, it is a beautiful, cool day without humidity--perfect for catching up on housework, some bookkeeping and eventually some sewing. What a difference a day makes! Hope you are enjoying a break in the heat and humidity wherever you may be!

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing and the lawn mower is broken."
James Dent

1 comment:

  1. Sach a Great post. i really love your blog, thanks for sharing.online beds company

    ReplyDelete