Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Close Friends Call Me a "Bag Lady"


Some of my friends call me "A Bag Lady"  and they assure me it is all good and  just in fun. They are laughing with me and not at me!!! What a relief! 

It's OK, I laugh right along with them and I am not the least bit offended! 


"Sew" many bags!!!!! For tutorial link, please see at bottom of post.....or list of tutorials at left.


Split curved pocket in the front--tie closure


I completed this bag today. I started it yesterday and this one had a little more detail in it so I was not able to finish it yesterday as planned. It is very cute--I knew the fabric was would be interesting and make up nicely. I did not like a tab closure on this bag because it seemed to  take away from the fabric design above the pocket. Since the front pocket already covers quite a bit of the main fabric, I decided to add a tie closure instead so more of the main fabric shows.


Later today, I will head to the bead dept at Joanne's and see if I can find an interesting bead or bauble to add to the the tie closure.

For TUTORIAL of this bag's basic design, please visit my earlier post available at this link:  http://mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/repurposing-cut-off-legs-of-jeans.html

Close up of front


2 shoulder straps rather than one


I love it!

I am not sure what personality this bag depicts--my daughter says it reminds her of a turkey! She suggested I buy some "cooler" fabric! I suspect there is not enough pink, sequins or other bling to satisfy her fashion sense! Teenagers!

I don't know how much more sewing I will do today. It is very hot and humid and it seems to be sucking the life right out of me! I hope once thunderstorms roll through, (and I do love a thunderstorm!) we will get a little relief from the humidity. I might consider sewing another three quilt blocks later tonight if it cools down some. Hope you are staying cool wherever you are! I know many places are much hotter than this little southwestern corner of  NH!

"I get my best ideas in a thunderstorm. I have the power and majesty of nature on my side."
Ralph Steadman

Linking up with:
The Tablescaper--Seasonal Sundays. CLICK HERE. So many ideas linked up at this party....

2 comments:

  1. I love the bags! You did a great job. Your newest follower from the newbie party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO I am so excited that I found your blog through Sew Many Ways. I have a Vera Bradley that I've worn holes in and it's this same over the body design. Obviously, I need a new one but I haven't had the money to buy it. Now with your tutorial I think I can make me one!

    ReplyDelete