Saturday, July 21, 2012

More Lilies!

My parents showed up at my house last night and surprised me with more lilies! My last bouquet has been slowly fading and I have been picking off the wilting blossoms each day. I was thinking that it was starting to look a little sad--then my doorbell rang last night.

My dad had cut two stems of enormous lilies for me--the blossoms are huge! The stem itself was nearly 3/4" around and it was loaded with lilies. The blossoms are all larger than my open, stretched hand--we are talking 8 and 9" or more. Look at this lovely shade of yellow!!!



I think I may have found my latest obsession! I wish that we could enjoy these beauties year-round. It would sure make the New England winters much easier to bear. A bright spot for sure!


"What, I sometimes wonder, would it be like if I lived in a country where winter is a matter of a few chilly days and a few weeks' rain; where the sun is never far away, and the flowers bloom all year long?"
Anna Neagle

No comments:

Post a Comment