Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Making a Quilt Tops My Summer "To Do" List

I love quilts! I love the way seemingly mismatched fabrics all come together to create a beautiful fabric masterpiece. I also love the way that one quilt, strategically placed in a room, can instantly put me in my happy place!

For a couple of years now, I have wanted to make a quilt. I have a shelf in my bookcase devoted to quilt magazines and books. I take them out to read and reread. I have even gone into Joanne Fabrics with yardage requirements, fully intending to purchase the fabric to make my quilt, but I become so overwhelmed with what fabrics and prints will look right together, that I just walk out without my purchase.

This is going to be the summer I make my first quilt. I do not mean potholders, I have made a few of those. I want to move beyond potholders. Here are two potholders I have made. "Sew what", right?


I saw an adorable strip, rag quilt on PINTEREST recently. Maybe if I start with a project like that, I won't be so overwhelmed. So, I publically pledge, that before summer 2012 comes to an end, I will make my first quilt and post the results.

"A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars."

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, it is my plan! Thanks for visiting me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee for your visit and comment. :)

    ReplyDelete